Huffman Koos ripped me

Yelp! Huffman Koos at 86-46, Queens Blvd ripped off $142.80 dollars of my hard earned money for exchange of same value product. They will not digest that money for sure. I bought a Cozy queen sleeper at $785.70 on 8/6/11. They delivered it on 8/14. Yelp! The sleeper cannot get in my apartment elevator door that is standard 84x36 inches and neither through stairs. They let a handyman call me who asked for $150 to disassemble it and put it in my apartment. I refused the delivery.

I went back to the store and explained to the customer service girl who said there will be restocking and delivery fee of $221. Then I talked to Manager Jerry, stone faced, not even a shred a smile on his face, he said he could lower the restocking fee of 20% to 10% and that's all he could do. I honestly explained to him that it was my fault that I did not ask or read the sales agreement in the first place and requested him to waive the restocking fee for exchange but to no avail. I also told him that the salesman did not bother to explain anything about the sales agreement and he said the salesman is not obliged to do so, "there are million things going on". I wonder how many daily sales they make. I gave up. Then I saw the salesman Pete Lawhorn and explained to him about my situation, he cannot do anything and he also told me that he is not obliged to tell me about the sales agreement. He also said, "I don't live at your place".

I did not have a choice, there was no refund. I selected a smaller full sleeper with exact same price. I think they should honor this exchange. I was ready to pay for delivery but not the restocking fee because they will sell the same cozy sleeper to someone else. Yelpers, please help me to recoup my money from Huffman Koos. I have not signed the sales agreement. Never buy from Huffman Koos unless you are dead sure about size of your apartment elevator or stair or ready to pay for $150 disassembly free.

Tenzin from Jackson Heights

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Huffman Koos. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Huffman Koos.
Filing a new complaint about