Yelp! Huffman Koos at 86-46, Queens Blvd ripped off $142.80 dollars of my hard earned money for exchange of same value product. They will not digest that money for sure. I bought a Cozy queen sleeper at $785.70 on 8/6/11. They delivered it on 8/14. Yelp! The sleeper cannot get in my apartment elevator door that is standard 84x36 inches and neither through stairs. They let a handyman call me who asked for $150 to disassemble it and put it in my apartment. I refused the delivery.
I went back to the store and explained to the customer service girl who said there will be restocking and delivery fee of $221. Then I talked to Manager Jerry, stone faced, not even a shred a smile on his face, he said he could lower the restocking fee of 20% to 10% and that's all he could do. I honestly explained to him that it was my fault that I did not ask or read the sales agreement in the first place and requested him to waive the restocking fee for exchange but to no avail. I also told him that the salesman did not bother to explain anything about the sales agreement and he said the salesman is not obliged to do so, "there are million things going on". I wonder how many daily sales they make. I gave up. Then I saw the salesman Pete Lawhorn and explained to him about my situation, he cannot do anything and he also told me that he is not obliged to tell me about the sales agreement. He also said, "I don't live at your place".
I did not have a choice, there was no refund. I selected a smaller full sleeper with exact same price. I think they should honor this exchange. I was ready to pay for delivery but not the restocking fee because they will sell the same cozy sleeper to someone else. Yelpers, please help me to recoup my money from Huffman Koos. I have not signed the sales agreement. Never buy from Huffman Koos unless you are dead sure about size of your apartment elevator or stair or ready to pay for $150 disassembly free.
Tenzin from Jackson Heights
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cozy Sleeper
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The sectional came in several shades of gray; it is ONE sectional!!! One color. Not a rainbow of grays. Several finishes, looks like they took some from column A, some..."
- "We have had RV for 141 days. Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop. Closed vent blew off..."
- "Do not buy from Cactus Jacks in Mesa, Az. I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and didn't even get it home before the problems started. I had..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I went to get my hair colored the same color of my highlights and by the time she was finished my hair was white, silver, and an off blonde. Yet..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."